1) Seeing that supermarkets may remove guilt counters, I wonder what a society that pushed people for improvement would look like?
2) It would have grapes and energy drinks at the counter. It would want people to drink water well, and to take pleasure from this too.It would be part of a top-down emphasis on excellence, where people would show off what they do, bringing their own reasons for doing so.
3) Having an investment in society would, for many students, change their lives dramatically.
4) What people would want to improve in would need to change. Some may be anti social, and strangely invested into that.
5) This relates to the ethic of excellence as suggested by Ron Berger .